1. Georgia Tech freshman guard Parker Braun, the younger brother of former Yellow Jackets guard Trey Braun, got his introduction to college football Saturday. “Long plays and long drives,” he said.
2. Basketball coach Josh Pastner will find out this afternoon if he has the first commitment of his 2017 class, a point guard from New York named Jose Alvarado.
3. With the ACC pulling out of the state of North Carolina for its neutral-site championships, the Gwinnett Sports Commission has interest in the conference baseball tournament.
4. Coach Paul Johnson said Wednesday that the punter job for Saturday had not been decided between Ryan Rodwell and Grant Aasen.
5. A junior running back from Murfreesboro, Tenn., has an offer from Georgia Tech.