Three days till the 111th edition of Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate kicks off. In the meantime…
1. What Georgia player does Paul Johnson consider to be an X-factor? That would be Isaiah McKenzie, Georgia’s game-breaking wide receiver and punt returner.
2. Georgia players celebrated the win last year at Bobby Dodd Stadium by planting a big “G” flag at the middle of Grant Field. Some Tech players’ memories of the act are less than fond.
3. Paul Johnson and Kirby Smart’s history goes back a ways, all the way back to when Smart was an aspiring college coach and Johnson was running the show at Georgia Southern.
4. A quarterback from Northside-Warner Robins has received a scholarship offer from Georgia Tech. He’ll play in the quarterfinals of the Class AAAAAA state playoffs this Friday.
5. The basketball team defeated Sam Houston State 81-73 Tuesday night at McCamish Pavilion. Ben Lammers scored a career-high 19 points to lead the Jackets.
6. B-back Dedrick Mills will return to the lineup after his two-game suspension for violating team rules, but it looks like he won’t get the start.
7. Incoming athletic director Todd Stansbury will be starting his new job next week. Stansbury leaves Oregon State after a one-year tenure.