Things to know on Wednesday.
1. Georgia Tech basketball coach Josh Pastner received a commitment Tuesday from South Forsyth High power forward Evan Cole, who shared his thoughts on his decision and his rather tame plans to celebrate.
2. Pastner will have two big visits this week, including one that begins Wednesday from Princeton graduate transfer Hans Brase, a forward. Thursday will bring a visit from Jordan Tucker, the four-star Wheeler High forward. A look at Tech’s recruiting picture as summer approaches.
3. Tech’s basketball team will open the coming season Nov. 11 in Shanghai. An open-records request for the game’s contract offers some details about what the team will be doing there.
4. In a coincidental bit of timing last August, coach Paul Johnson made his case again that his team’s facilities were way behind the rest of the ACC. The following day, athletic director Mike Bobinski left Tech for the ACC. Bobinski’s successor, Todd Stansbury, offered a rather confident evaluation of where the project now stands.
5. In case you missed it: Stansbury laid out his vision for the athletic department and his four strategic priorities going forward.